We understand that we need partners in the fight to win protections in the state budget as well as on other issues that impact working families. Four major coalitions that we are currently working with are:
Equal Voice for America’s Families
- Participating in the Bay Area Equal Voice coalition made up of Marguerite Casey Foundation Grantees across the Bay Area. Together we are fighting for families across a variety of issues including child care, education justice, housing, criminal justice reform, environmental justice and building the power of low-income communities!
- Parent Voices Fresno collaborated with Centro Binacional, Parent Institute for Quality Education, and Radio Bilingue to join forces to establish the Central Valley Equal Voice Network.
The California Work and Family Coalition is a diverse coalition of advocates, community groups and labor unions that promotes family friendly workplace policies for California’s working families through policy work and grassroots activism.
- Parent Voices lifted up the issue of the low wage replacement of 55% of one’s income when utilizing CA’s Paid Family Leave program. AB 908 signed by the Governor ensures low-income workers can get 70% of their income
- Parent Voices is an active participant in the Coalition’s efforts to pass Paid Sick Days legislation in California
- Parent Voices San Francisco was part of the campaign to win the first ever Paid Sick Days law in the country in 2006
The California Partnershjp is a statewide coalition of community-based organizations that fights poverty in California. Through organizing and advocacy, we work together under common values at local, state, and national levels for policies and programs that reduce and end poverty.
The Health and Human Services Network
The Health and Human Services Network (HHS Network( is a broad coalition of organizations fighting on behalf of California’s families, seniors, people with disabilities and others for a California Family Recovery Budget – one that creates and maintains jobs, provides a strong safety net for where there are not jobs and brings in state and Federal funds for the relief of our struggling families.
- Parent Voices is represented on the Field Committee of the HHS Network