Who we are
Parent Voices (PV) is a project of Community Partners, a 501(c)(3). Through grassroots organizing and leadership development, we activate and center the wisdom of parents to transform child care and ensure all systems that impact our families are just, fair, and inclusive.Our website address (“website,” “site,”) is: https://www.parentvoices.org and we use this website to help further our reach and mission to reach the goal of just, fair, and inclusive systems.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
What information PV collects
PV may collect information, including personal information, when you interact with our site or engage in advocacy efforts and programming provided by PV. These may include:
- When you fill-in our online form to receive communications from us, such as your name, telephone number, email address, and other information you provide to us.
- When you communicate with us, including any information you provide in the communication.
- About your interactions with the website, such as information about your device, browser type, IP address, and geolocation information and information about your use of and actions on our website.
- When you make a donation, such as information about your transaction and payment method.
- If you volunteer with or engage with PV’s advocacy efforts, including participating in Stand For Children Day, taking an advocacy action, or signing up to join our email and texting lists, information such as your name, contact information, and information about efforts and causes which may interest you and any other information you provide to help PV fulfill its mission or better segment that data and information to share with you.
How PV uses the data it collects
PV uses the information collected in the following ways:
- To fulfill your requests with respect to PV’s offerings. For example, to process your donation.
- To support the activities of PV. For example, to conduct research on issues we support, assess PV programs, or develop new initiatives.
- To maintain and improve the website. For example, to help diagnose problems with PV’s server and administer the website
- To contact you regarding PV, its efforts, and issues and activities of likely interest to you. For example, if you choose to sign up for the advocacy email list, you may receive communications and updates from us. See below for information on unsubscribing from our communications.
- For legal reasons. We may use your personal information to comply with law or legal requests, such as a valid and legally enforceable warrant, subpoena, court order, law or regulation, or other judicial or administrative order.
- To protect you, ourselves, and others. We may use your information if we reasonably believe it is necessary to enforce or investigate potential violations of applicable terms, agreements, or policies; to investigate and defend ourselves against legal threats or actions; to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm or death to a person; to protect our organization, employees, contractors, users, or the public; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise assess and address potential spam, malware, fraud, abuse, unlawful activity, and security or technical concerns.
Who we share your data with
PV utilizes EveryAction in data management, advocacy efforts, donations, mobile messaging, and event registrations. When you fill out forms managed by EveryAction (such as the Join Now form) you consent to having your information stored and managed by EveryAction. Staff and appropriate outside workers have access and are able to view your information and edit it, upload, or interact with it (such as when sending newsletters).
Other than the use of storing and managing data all opt-in data and consent to receive emails and texts will not be shared with any third party.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse. It should be noted no data transmission online is 100% secure and while PV takes necessary steps to protect your information PV cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile on EveryAction. Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Data will be retained unless PV receives a request for the data to be deleted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your data removed.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our Services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
Emails and Mobile Messaging
You may sign up to receive email and mobile communications from us by clicking the Join Now or Únase Ahora buttons on our homepage, or when signing up for events or as part of calls for action.
. These communications provide information that we think will be of interest to you, for example, updates on policies, event notices, and calls for action on certain social justice issues. You can always “opt-out” of receiving our communications by following the unsubscribe directions on any of the emails, or by sending us an email at email@example.com asking that we delete you from our subscriber list.
We will never charge for these updates, but carrier message & data rates may apply to mobile messages. Additionally, please keep in mind that these communications are not secure against interception and take care to not send us sensitive or personal information via email or text.
If you do not want to receive any emails from PV in the future, click unsubscribe on the communications and choose which email lists you want to unsubscribe from. Note that your donation and/or activist records will remain in PV’s databases.
Parent Voices California
P.O. Box 31036
San Francisco, CA 94131
Phone: (415) 882-0234
Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions
Mobile Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE Parent Voices (“PV”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THE SMS ALERTS TEXT MESSAGING PROGRAM. BY SIGNING UP FOR THIS TEXT MESSAGING PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS and you expressly consent to receive marketing or non-marketing text messages, as applicable, from PV and others on its behalf, including automated text messages, at the telephone number(s) you provide. You understand and acknowledge that message and data rates may apply.
DESCRIPTION & COST
PV, itself or through service providers, may send automated text messages to you. You may opt out of these communications at any time. Messages are recurring. Message frequency may vary. Message and data rates may apply.
There is no fee from PV to receive text messages. However, your mobile service provider or carrier’s normal messaging, data and other rates and fees will still apply. You should check with your mobile service provider to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Charges may be billed and payable to your mobile service provider or deducted from your prepaid account.
Consent to receive text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. By signing up, you are confirming you are over 18 years of age.
Parent Voices Parent Voices is a partnership of parents throughout California that combines leadership development and community organizing in its efforts to increase funding, improve quality, and provide better access to child care for all families.
Text JOIN to 1-833-452-2190 to receive automated text messages from Parent Voices to join the fight for child care.
OPT OUT or STOP Information
At any time, you may text STOP to 1-833-452-2190 to stop receiving PV alerts. After opting out, you will receive one last text confirming your opt out. You will not receive additional messages, unless you opt back in. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your information deleted.
No Guarantee of Access or Delivery to Mobile Network
Delivery of SMS messages is subject to effective transmission from your wireless service provider/network operator. Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered if the mobile phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the wireless operator may interfere with message delivery, including the customer’s equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. Wireless operators do not guarantee message delivery and will not be held liable for delayed or undelivered messages. PV is not responsible or liable for issues arising from such network services (including but not limited to delayed or undelivered messages or the security of messages).
For help text HELP or email email@example.com. Please reference Mobile Messaging in the subject line of any emails.